The Qkk mini projector comes with many features that you’re unlikely to find in other projectors at its price point. It’s no wonder that it became the best-selling mini projector in 2020 when most folks were staying at home due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
In this post, we’ll look at how to connect the Qkk projector to your iPhone and Android phone.
How to Connect Qkk Mini Projector to iPhone
There are two ways to connect the Qkk projector to your iPhone: Wireless and Wired Connections.
Wireless via Miracast
- Ensure your projector and iPhone are connected to the same network
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open the control center and Tap ‘Screen Mirroring’.
- Select your Miracast receiver and you’re all set.
For this to work, you’ll need a Lightning to HDMI Digital AV Adapter. Follow these steps:
- Connect one end of the adapter to your iPhone
- Insert the other end of the adapter to the HDMI port of the projector
- When a trust prompt pops up, select trust and that’s it.
If your Qkk projector doesn’t recognize your iPhone, follow the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Restart your projector and try the steps we’ve discussed again
- Reset your projector to factory default and try the previous steps again
- If the above steps fail, buy a new adapter and that should solve the issue
How to Connect Qkk Mini Projector to Android
You can connect your android phone to Qkk mini projector wirelessly via Miracast or Chromecast or through a wired connection.
Wirelessly via Chromecast
- Insert your Chromecast into the projector’s HDMI port
- Ensure the Chromecast and your phone are connected to the same WIFI network
- Download Google Home App from the Playstore
- Once the download is complete, open the app and click the accounts tab located at the bottom right corner of your screen
- Scroll down and click ‘mirror device’.
- If a warning window pops up claiming that your device is not optimized for Chromecast, tap ‘OK’.
- Click the ‘Cast screen or audio’ button and select your Chromecast.
Wirelessly via Miracast
- Ensure your phone and projector are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Download the Smart View app from Google Playstore
- Once the download is complete, tap the app and click ‘Start Now’ if a window pops up
For this method, you’ll need a USB-C to HDMI or micro-USB to HDMI cable. All you need to do then is connect one end of the cable to your phone and the other end to your QKK mini projector HDMI port.
USB-C to HDMI Cable
Micro-USB to HDMI Cable