ViewSonic projectors are affordable, widely available, and produce images of good quality. In most cases, setting them up is straightforward because they are set in English. But in other cases, you’ll find that they are set in another language you’re not familiar with or comfortable with.
In this article, we’ll go over how to change the language on ViewSonic projectors.
How to change the language on ViewSonic projectors
Follow the steps below to change the language on your ViewSonic projector:
Turn on the projector
Start by connecting the power cord to the power outlet securely. Then press the power button to turn on your ViewSonic projector.
A blank projection should be displayed. If not, check that your power cable is properly connected to the socket and that the lens cover is removed.
Connect the sources
The type of cable you’ll need for your content source depends on the device. If it’s an old source, then VGA cables are what you’re looking for. For mobile phones, you’ll need a lightning-to-HDMI adapter or a USB-to-HDMI adapter. And for PCs, you’ll need an HDMI cable.
Plug in the cable to the correct port on the projector and source. Ensure they are secure.
Conduct a test for your setup
It’s pointless to change the language of a projector that doesn’t work, right?
Well, that’s the point of this step. Here, you need to start playing content from your source. That can be videos, shows, or even movies. You can even screen mirror your phone, iPhone, or PC.
If all goes well, proceed to the next step. If not, then there’s a problem to need to address.
See Also: Best Projectors for Daylight Viewing
Check the languages programmed into your ViewSonic projector
ViewSonic projectors support lots of languages but it’s hard to know if what you want is available without checking. Here’s how to do that:
- Check the user manual or guide that was packed with the projector. Go to the section labeled ‘Languages’ and confirm what you want is listed
- Skim through ViewSonic’s official website. Look for your specific model and the languages it supports. You can find the model number on the packaging of your projector or in the manual
To save time, we’ve compiled a list of some languages that ViewSonic projectors generally support. They are:
Change the language
After you’ve confirmed that your preferred language is available, the next and final step is to change the language. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the ‘Menu’ button on your projector’s control panel or remote
- Go to the ‘Language’ section. Then select ‘Basic Settings’. If the projector is set to a language you don’t understand, look for a wheel or cog. You should find the settings option as the first below it
- Select ‘Language’. The list of languages available should now be displayed
- Navigate to your preferred language and click on it
- Go back to the menu by pressing ‘Exit’ on your remote. Everything should now be in the language you chose.
Using a ViewSonic projector in a language you’re not comfortable with can be annoying. By following the steps discussed in this article, you should be able to change it to what you prefer. To recap, here’s what you need to do:
- Turn on the projector
- Connect the sources
- Conduct a test for your setup
- Check the available languages
- Change the language